Carl Simonson (email@example.com)
Coach Carl is the Assistant Head Coach and the National group coach at the University of Calgary Swim Club. Since his arrival in 2012 UCSC has become a perennial top performing team at both Westerns and Canadian Junior Championships.
Carl is a graduate of the NCCP Advanced Coaching Diploma program delivered through the National Coaching institute – Calgary. This two-and-a-half-year program is comprised of experts in various fields providing weekly seminars and ongoing course work to be submitted and defended annually.
Carl’s recent career and volunteer highlights include:
- Coaching in Alberta since 1992
- Age Group Head Coach (EKSC)
- Head Coach of the Olympian Swim Club (OSC)
- Multiple Junior National and Western Canadian Championship Titles
- Placed Swimmers on 2010 Pan Pacific Championship and other National Teams
- National Medalists and Finalists in both men’s and women’s events as well as in every stroke discipline
- Multiple swimmers on Provincial and National Teams representing Alberta and Canada
- Head Coach of Alberta’s 2009 Canada Games Team
- Alberta Provincial Stroke Coach
- Elected Executive Member of the Alberta Coaches Council
- NCCP Level 3 Certified
- Advanced Coaching Diploma
- Member of the CSCA Board 2020
As an experienced Canadian Swim Coach with a proven record of building successful teams and an ability to effectively manage a large swim club, Carl is a valuable member and leader of the UCSC Coaching Staff.